Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro? Maybe you’ve been thinking about it already. Maybe you’ve never considered it. Either way, you’re thinking about it.
Join me in January to kick off 2017 with a VIP trek of Mt.Kilimanjaro
I first climbed Kilimanjaro in 2012 and it changed my life. I know, that sounds cliche but it’s honestly true. I scraped together all the money I had to make it happen and I wouldn’t trade it for the world. Heading to the other side of the world to climb a mountain 5,000ft taller than Mt. Rainier is scary. Scary awesome.
It’s one of those things that seems so impossible in your mind. But when it’s done, you feel like you can take on the world. For me, it was hard to imagine my success. I couldn’t really imagine myself standing on the summit before I did. I just went for it. I understood that life goes by way to fast and sometimes when opportunity knocks you just have to jump on a plane for 30 hours, climb for 6 days and not think twice about it.
And now, flash forward 4 years and 2 Kili climbs I get to help others take that leap too. So, maybe this is opportunity knocking at your door. Maybe you know me well and are tired of me talking about my love for Kili. Maybe it’s just time for you blast out of your comfort zone.
So, maybe this is opportunity knocking at your door. Maybe you know me and are tired of me talking about my love for Kili or maybe it’s just time for you to blast out of your comfort zone.
Whatever it is, here’s what’s included in the trip:
- Two night’s accommodation in Arusha or Moshi
- Transfers to/from Kilimanjaro airport (JRO) to Arusha or Moshi on a private vehicle
- Transfers to/from the mountain trail heads
- Kilimanjaro park entrance fees, camping fees, rescue fees
- Services of top professional English-speaking mountain guides, cooks and porters
- All food for the duration of the climb, top quality food specifically considered for maximum nutrition needs.
- Complimentary fruits and juice while hiking
- Portage of 1 bag (maximum 15 kgs) per person
- Safety equipment eg. Oxygen cylinder or Gamow Bag
- Oximeter for checking blood levels of clients daily
- Camping equipment including mountain Hardware tents, mess tent, chairs etc.
- Services of hot water bottle while sleeping for comfort
- Portable flushing toilet
- Solar light in every accommodation tent
- Flying Doctors Services for entire climb (www.flyingdoctorsafrica.org)
- 24 hours assistance while in Tanzania from Operations office
All that plus the experience of a lifetime for $3500. Oh and me, you get to hang out with me the whole time too. And lots of Kilimanjaro beer. 😉
Ready to chat about it? I’d love to talk more about my previous climbs, how to prepare and what to expect. I’m looking to get a small group together around 8-10 people. There’s an option for a 3-day safari after the climb as well (a very good idea, I promise).